Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thirst-Day!



Always one of my favorite days of the week! Sometimes it seems like the best times are those unplanned, unexpected moments of fun that often seem to happen on a Thursday! For example, this is my birthday week (OK, let's just tell it like it is....I actually celebrate my birthday all month long!) and so this Thursday I will most definitely be partaking in THIRST-DAY!

So the featured drink for this edition of Thirst-Day will of course be..... the BIRTHDAY DRINK! The Birthday Drink is a good excuse to enjoy a cocktail I might not usually order. My friends and I have found a drink called the "Birthday Cake Martini". This is the perfectly decadent, yet celebratory drink to toast another year of being 29.......yes, hard to believe my 30 year high school reunion is this year and I am STILL 29!  One of these sweet drinks is perfect, like dessert in a martini glass. If you are making these drinks at home, get the birthday girl the Birthday Cake Martini glass made by Lolita for that "icing on the cake" touch!

Here is one recipe, although there are a few slightly different versions out there.

Birthday Cake Martini

1 1/2 ounce vanilla vodka
1 ounce half and half
1/2 ounce Amaretto
a little lemon zest

Pour all ingredients into a shaker full of ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

CHEERS!!

xxoo Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment